Friday, July 27, 2012

DANIELLE'S DOINGS

Danielle and Megan Swan
As you probably know, Danielle is working on her Master's Degree and will also teach again this year at Provo High.  She's a busy gal, but carved out some time to make a quick long weekend trip back to her Mission area.  The long part begins with just trying to get there.

Here's a brief summary:

I had the HUGE blessing of serving a mission in the New Hampshire, Manchester mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from August 2009-January 2011. Our mission covered 5 states: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York. The first area of my mission was West Port, New York. I served there for seven and a half months out of the eighteen months of my mission so it was a very important and special part of my mission. The first companion you have on a mission is called your trainer because they show you all the ropes of being a missionary. To this day, my trainer, Megan Swan, is one of my closest friends. Megan has been working back east for the past year and had the opportunity to go back and visit the mission. She invited me to come with her and we decided we would go back and visit West Port just for the weekend, since both of us needed to be back for work and school on Monday.

The adventure started on Thursday when I embarked on my journey back east. I arrived with plenty of time at the Salt Lake City airport to fly to Washington DC and then would fly to Burlington, Vermont. Right as it was time to begin boarding our flight in Salt Lake, we were informed that there was awful weather in DC so there were no flight going in or coming out and thus our flight would be delayed for at least an hour and a half.


And now the "fun" begins.  What an ordeal! Read the whole story at: funsizetells.blogspot.com



Having lunch in old town Montreal.(Where her Dad served his Mission)

On a city tour of Montreal.

Here's her last paragraph:

After we had had some food and finished visiting with everyone, it was time for me to head back to the airport. I flew from Burlington, VT to Detroit, Michigan. From Detroit, I flew to Salt Lake. Everything went about a million times smoother than my trip out there until we tried to land in Salt Lake. As we were beginning our descent, a HUGE thunderstorm hit Salt Lake. There was lots of big lightening, VERY close to our plane, it was quite the experience. It took us about an hour to land. We began our initial decent, but then had to pull back up and circle back around and then try and land quite slowly again to let the thunderstorm run its course. But all was well, and everyone landed safe and sound and home in one piece.

1 comment:

  1. WHOA! Now, see? That wears me out just to think about it! Good thing you're young! And then to go on to Montreal> That's like a whole 'nother country!

    Je ne suis pa pate cochon (sp). THIS is the phrase my brother taught me, a leftover from his mission that I remember to this day. Translation? "I am NOT a little pig!" Believe me, it's come in handy...

    You're BEAUTIFUL, Danielle!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete