Wednesday, March 21, 2012

UPDATE ON SUZANNE'S HAND

Oops! I posted the picture of Sue's "before" hand. No wonder it looked so good. Sorry. Here is the "after" hand.
One week after pciture

At least it provides a good comparison!





I asked to Sue to give me an update and picture on her hand.  WOW!  This is quite the picture.  (I think they  "slit" her wrist and also did a cut in the crease of her palm).
The before picture

After 1 week I think the hand is doing well. The palm of my hand is still very bruised as is my wrist but the stitches have dissolved and the incisions hardly visible. That is the beauty of your hand surgeon also being a plastic surgeon! I can now shower without a bag on my arm and the warm water feels wonderful on the wound. I can use my fingers although they don't have agreat deal of strength in them and the same with the hand.

Occassionally, I get a shooting pain down my fingers and into my wrist as the nerves continue to get back to normal but I have tingly feeling in my fingers which is great. I haven't had feeling in those finger tips for several months. We are hoping that the tingling changes to normal feeling over the next few months.

The bruising is sore and feels like a horse has stepped on my palm when I touch it but I am ok with that. Any feeling, in my mind, is good!

My family, as usual, have been terrific, so helpful and very kind.

Brannigan went to the puppy boarding house for a week so that my hand would have a chance to heal. He is home with us now and other than a couple of minutes of sniffing and investigating my hand's dressing, when he came home on Friday, he has completely ignored it and he and I are back striding out on walks, morning and afternoon.

Thank you to you all for your care and concern. All is well.

Wer'e glad things are progressing, Suzanne.  Keep up the good work!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment