Friday, March 30, 2012

MY LIFE THE LAST FEW FEW MONTHS

No one has sent in anything, so I share with you what has consummed my life the last few months.
R E H A B!
Three times a week (until last week, now it's two times per week) I drive up to a physical therapy place called of all things, the Taj Majal.  I kid you not. It is a grand building, but I thought they were kidding when they told me the name.

It's a large building filled with various medical services. It was built in 1964 and is now getting a $3 Million facelift to be completed in the next month or two.  Just a little trivia for you!

I rotate between two PTs, and both are excellent.  It takes a good hour to go through my routine ending sonar pulses, laserings and then with heat on my shoulder with electric pulses.
Sitting:  PT Maihri (from Scotland) and Jennifer (USA) and (standing) receptionist, Claudia.
I used to come home and hit the recliner and live my life mostly there, but I'm well on my way to full recovery (fingers crossed) and will soon have my life back.  Here's some pictures.



This is where I would be basically until the next visit.

Not a happy camper.
The rest of the pictures were taken just yesterday.  You can see I am a happier camper now.  I'm on the upward trail. . . . .ta dah.

Reception area

Pulleys

Bicycle with my arms.


Climb the ladder with my fingers.
Come back down the ladder.

Dust the wall.

Stretch

Lift the "bar bell", (hey!  it's a 2# weight!)

Rotating circles with two, 2# weights!

Pull the elastic band down and let it go back naturally.

<>There are about 4 more exercises that I do, but you get the idea. <><><><><>
Getting ready for heat, sonar, electrical pulses.



One of the machines.

1 comment:

  1. Hee! Hey, Mom: Do you sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" when you climb the wall with your fingers, and does it get stuck in your head? Also, if you're going to dust a wall, could you come dust mine? there are still those cobwebs WAY UP HIGH in my stairwell. Of course, they only add to the decor.

    I didn't know what you were doing was so involved! GOOD FOR YOU, MaMa!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete