Saturday, March 31, 2012

M U D, G L O R I O U S M UD

Here's some blog fodder from Ken:
Although it probably only happened a couple of times, but it did happen. The Rummlers had this great planter box in their backyard with a tree in the middle. There may have been plants in there, but all I can remember was that there was dirt. And when you add water to dirt you get something magical, MUD. I think on one trip the Agle boys and the Rummler boys had some magical times in that planter box. In any case, I've always wanted one of those. This winter I was thinking about what I would do in the spring and it came to me. I would build the planter box in this area that we had pretty much open. So, with help of Mayra, Davis and Steven (oh and JP and Sophie) we used old rail ties that we had from long ago and added some newer materials and have built this homage to Rummler box. After nearing completion, I told my kids and our neighbors to come play in the mud. They thought I was crazy at first, but mud is magical and they played for an hour before I had to go to  a meeting, and are still there as far as I know. Its the mud. 



There you go Mom, I'm all about giving more stuff for the blog. Love ya, Ken 

1 comment:

  1. I remember that planter! Isn't it funny, the things that stick in our brains sometimes? That was a good trip.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete