Thursday, March 8, 2012

UPDATE ON SASHY (aka Alexandra)

Another lovely grand daughter to catch up on.  Let's hear it from SASHY.
After I finished my assignment working for the podiatrist, I decided to quit my job at Victoria's Secret (retail is not my calling in life) and quickly got a job as a server at Cracker Barrel. As of now, I am absolutely loving it as well as the fine tips I am able to make! I am also attending the singles ward with Danielle in which I serve as a visiting teaching coordinator and accompany Dano each Sunday to the family history center where we index a lot, a lot, a lot.

In my spare time, I go to UVU and though I am not a huge fan of my classes this semester, I am 51% complete with my associates degree and will be finished by the end of this year. (The average completion time for the assoicates degree is two years and I willl be finishing mine in one.) {Good on you, Sashy}

As for the miscellaneous aspects of my life... Curtis and I are no longer "together" but we have remained good friends. Brannigan is nearly a year old and though sometimes a menace, Mom is absolutely amazing with him, and just today, called him my "brother." How cute is that?!

Then Sashy sent me this great picture of her family.  It's a WOW!


If you have never looked at Sashy's blog, I encourage you to do so.  She is a very talented writer and it is delightful to read.  She has a flair!  (Just click on the right side of this blog, Sha-Sha Speaks).

Here's a delightful entry she made recently.

Do you guys remember over the summer when planking was a big deal? As much as I wanted to, I never participated because I thought it was much too cliche. (I know, I'm weird like that.) But now, planking has died down so ladies and gents, I present to you, my first planking experience:
Now that is using some amazing core muscles.
But then I took it one step further. Keke told me about 'Owling.' That's right. It's when you perch on things (like an owl, of course). It's almost funner than planking:
You have to be young and agile to do that!
Thanks Sashy for brightening our day!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE owls! I just imagined myself doing this very same pose on my own stair post. It was NOT a pretty picture. But it made me laugh!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me chuckle too, Ruth. We can dream though, can't we.

    ReplyDelete