Sunday, October 12, 2014

W W D D ?

All work and no play makes Jane a dull girl!

W W D D ?
(What would Dennis do?)

Why Dennis would say, "Jane, let's go for a drive up the canyon and enjoy these beautiful Autumn colors", so that's what I did!

I asked Dennis and Sue for suggestions and they told me about Hobble Creek canyon and Dennis drew a map for me and off I went for my adventure while they did the 1K looking for Big Foot!

I'm off for my adventure!

 There were several places at the beginning to picnic. There is also a famous golf course (Bob loves to play that course), but I didn't get a picture of it.

 .

 Now entering the Uinta National Forest.
(taken thru the windshield)

 Check out those colors.

'Nuff  said.

                                                 Sure enough, I saw about a dozen.

 
 A couple of joggers.

Interesting fence.

 Bang Bang! I heard, then saw these guys target shooting, so I turned around and asked if I could take their picture.

This is what they were shooting at. He demoed for me but only hit one!

 After about 15 miles I hit a gravel road. From then on it was 10 -15 MPH.


 Even though there are higher mountains, I was up really high. The road narrowed a lot and was barely passable for two cars. I was on the "cliff" side, so was very thankful I only passed 3 cars from the other direction.


 You can't see them "quaking" but these quaking Aspens were gorgeous.


 Hobble Creek was on the going up side, and Diamond Creek was on the down (Spanish Fork) side.


 After about 15- 20 miles of gravel road, I finally came to pavement. It might not look very smooth, but after an hour or so of the gravel, I felt like I was riding in my luxury limo. 
S M O O T H!


My very first "selfie"
(did I spell that right?)

 Every 1/2 to 1 mile, there were these thing-a-ma-jigs. Don't know what they do, but the must do it well!


 Dennis told me I would come out by the "windmills". It was a relief to see them and that I had stayed on the correct roads. (There were several turn offs - - whew!).

I passed all these people when I hit the main highway and wondered what they were doing. I pulled over and took a picture and could see they were "rock hounds".

 And so my adventure ended. It took about 3 hours and was probably about 50 -60 miles.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog! Loved your selfie, Grandma--great job! Also, look at all of those beautiful colors. I really love Hobble Creek Canyon this time of year--it is always so beautiful. I'm so glad that you got to take a few hours to enjoy it.
    WWDD--I love that reminder.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely fall colors so glad you were inspired to have a delightful adventure! Our fall colors are not so dramatic so it's nice to see the bright oranges and golds. Hope you are getting slowly settled. Fall always makes me want to purge and clean out hurrah for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete