Saturday, September 22, 2012

THE ALEXANDRA UPDATE

Here's a little update from Sashy per my request. Note: There are six girls that room together.  Two to a room.  Thanks, Sashy.

Life in Florida is going well! It's crazy challenging but so enjoyable with a million new experiences every day. We certainly do have to fight bugs! We have an ant problem in our apartment which isn't very fun to deal with but we've adjusted a bit. Also, there's mold along the window sills because it rains every single day here and we have some leaks but hey, it's not killing us so it's all good! Yesterday I played in the parks for the first time since I've been here. It was a lot of fun and reinforced my love for Disney which is good because reminders of why I do what I do is appreciated. What I do is very hard and hot but I love it! I'm "friends with" a couple characters here at the parks. My day usually starts at 7am and I get home around 7pm. Disney sure does work us interns hard!
 
 I started school on Thursday and it was great. I'm taking one class called 'Marketing You'. It's going to teach me about networking, resume writing, interview skills, the works. My teacher is a very enthusiastic lady so hopefully that will make the start time (8:30 am) and duration of class (4 hours) bearable.  I wish there was more to report but there isn't unfortunately because I do the same thing every day which is work and sleep. (Oh and eat. A LOT. I use a lot of energy here so I've been eating like a teenage boy!) But if you ever have any questions or anything specific you'd like to hear about, I'd be more than happy to answer them!

 
 Earning my ears ribbon. 
 

 My actual room roommate, Taylor (from Maryland).
 

I tried on an XL in childrens size Little Mermaid dress at the Magic Kingdom. Prime.


 2 of my roommates, Morgan (left) from Florida and Shaina (middle) from Chicago.


 2 of my roommates, Becca (left) and Abby (middle). Both from Massachusetts.

Ariel's in the window display behind me. I love her.

 
 First day of work with my nametag.

 

1 comment:

  1. That's a whole lotta pretty girls, right there!

    Ah, bugs. I remember them well! I imagine there a lot like the bugs we encountered in Hawaii. Wolf Spiders (Eek!), 2" cockroaches (EW!) and small lizards (a nickel a piece for capture inside the house, was it not?).

    You're creating memories! Sounds like you're enjoying it to the fullest. Good on you!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete