Tuesday, November 30, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER BETTY


Today Betty would have been 87. She was born December 1, 1923, exactly 1 year to the day of my parents wedding anniversary. She always felt a little badly about having to share that day but in those days, when the baby was ready, the baby was ready! When I was about 1 1/2 my parents bought a lot in SLC at 1605 So. 8th East in preparation for building their first home. We all took the bus out to the lot (my folks didn't own a car at the time - but busses were very accessable. The big occasion was ground breaking for the new home. Betty loved to take care of me and I think my mother welcomed the respite. I remember Betty always doing kind things for me. One of the things I'm most grateful for is she was the "picture taker" in our family. Without her, I don't think we'd have very many pictures. In this picture she wanted me to also participate in the ground breaking. She's about 15 years old here.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a fun bit of nostalgia, and a picture I have never seen. Thanks, Mom, for sharing out history with our extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fun to see a picture of you as a toddler. Please post a baby picture of you sometime I have never seen one. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete