Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Alexandra Agle's life today.


I've asked our Alexandra (Sashy) to give us an update on what's going on in her life at this time. As you can read, the arts are very important to her. She is now a senior in high school and very involved. She has a blog that is awesome and is well worth a visit. http://sha-sha-speaks.blogspot.com/

Here's a report from her own hand.

I am currently playing 'Antonia' in my school's production of 'Man of La Mancha'. It's a very interesting choice for a high school to do in my opinion, but it's teaching me a lot about theater because I have never done a serious musical at Timpview before. (Though I did do Les Miserables in 6th grade but... let's face it, that was 6th grade.)I am enjoying it because the part has lines and solos but not the degree that it's super stressful. Best of both worlds :) The show runs November 17th-22nd.

I am also preparing for my dance concert this which is only two nights, December 3rd and 4th. Because of the musical's after school rehearsals and dance company's after school rehearsals, I am only in three dances this concert compared to last year's when I was in 8. So it's a bit of a change but a good one. There is a tradition that seniors on the company get to do a solo if they so choose to in the May concert as a last hurrah kind of thing, but since I am not in many dances, my dance teacher is letting me do my senior solo in this concert instead. I am very excited for it and I'm working hard because it's a chance to show the world what I've got! :)

Another thing I am involved in is the music department at Timpview. I am in the A Cappella choir as well as the Madrigal choir. The latter is a group of about 30 singers who are the top level of singers at Timpview. (Im so sorry this is sounding so braggy-- If it helps, I really don't know how I got into Madrigals!) However as Christmas time approaches, we are involved in many concerts for school as well as benefit concerts. We also take a trip to Temple Square and sing in the tabernacle. Something I am looking forward to is this coming February, we are going to Disneyland and perfoming there. The happiest place on Earth plus singing? Fabulous :)

I think I've covered it all, I can't think of anything else at the moment! Thank you for taking an interest Grandma, you're so kind! Also, thank you for your compliments about my blog. I love your blog too!
Love, Sashy

1 comment:

  1. Great article on Alexandra!! we'll hire you as our publicist anytime.

    ReplyDelete