Sunday, February 10, 2013

ANOTHER BLAST FROM THE PAST

The Chai families gathered up a lot of their old slides and Ryan Chai spent quite a bit of time fixing a lot of them and then assembling them. Beki sent me a thumb drive with over a 1300 pictures and some of them had the Agles in then, so I'm posting a few.
 After we had been in Hawaii for a year (Chai's 3 years) we sent for our folks to come for a visit. Here we are picking them up at the airport. Carol loved her purses, and I think she is also holding Grandma's. That's Auntie Ann with her hand on Von's shoulder. Beki is holding the stroller and Liz is the baby. Nalani is by her side. Next to Dennis & Ken, Maui is looking back at Grandma. I think you can figure out the rest of the group.
 This was a day we spent down at Clissold's beach.
 
 Grandpa loved getting in that warm sea water with Kim and Keo.
 
 This was the hike to Sacred Falls.
Looks like were taking a break.
 
One of the falls on the way.
 

 I love this picture.
 
A few years later. In front of the Chai's home. Carol and Quinton were wed by then. January painted that picture that I'm holding. Check out Ruth's cool outfit, not to be outdone by Erik's little suit.
This was their house in the summer. Gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. Some wonderful pictures. Love Grandma and Grandpa on the overlook. I've never seen that picture before. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these old pictures! That house. THAT HOUSE of the Chai's! To this day, THAT HOUSE and the flowers in front of it are why I LOVE the smell of marigolds and why the scent of them brings back the Chai's and their house to me.

    Also, Brewer's yeast - it makes me remember that too. Auntie Ann was quite the naturalist and the kids used to wash their hair in vinegar and take "Berrjeest", as I thought it was. I tried it and ick! Not so tasty! But it repels fleas (as I learned) so I purchased some for my dog.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete