Saturday, June 9, 2012

THIS 'N THAT

Here's a few miscellaneous items.
JANUARY & BEKI
Each year Beki comes over to Fairfield and she and January spend the week going to thrift stores and eating, going to movies and eating, going to garage sales and eating . . well you get the idea.  They have a ton of fun and it all ends on Sunday.  Until next year!
A friend of January's invited them to go on their boat.  They said it was a blast!

HUMMINGBIRDS
Here's a follow up on the hummingbirds on Erik & Kristin's patio.  Erik wrote:

The first picture is from a week ago when the birds were getting larger but not yet moving around.  The other two are from this past weekend.  Our birds flew the coup on Sunday…we got to see them practice flying between the strings of lights that we have hanging up on Saturday.

As Erik said, "their bottoms don't fit in the nest anymore!!!!


Kristin, who is as close to a professional photographer as you can come, took several pictures with her big camera and we should get those in a few more days.

Why a few more days, you ask?  Because tomorrow Erik, Kristin and 4 others are doing the
 "CAMP PENDLETON MUD RUN".
It's a 10k race with several difficult obstacle challenges and lots of mud.  We hope to post some pictures of the event in the near future.


OTHER BIRDIES
Not to be outdone by their birdies, I noticed a lot of bird action on my patio and finally found out why.  No eggs yets, but maybe soon.
Where could the nest be?  We couldn't figure it out.

I provided a house for them, but they preferred their own.



AIMEE
A few days ago Aimee celebrated her birthday.  I asked her for an update on what going on in her life right now and this is what she wrote.

I certainly wasn’t prepared for 40- in my head I’m still in my EARLY 30’s.  It is amazing how those years fly by so fast- especially when I’ve been focused on the kids and how much they have grown so quickly.  I wasn’t paying attention to my own aging!
Work as been really interesting lately.  There was a flurry of retirements during March and April- which created several openings in the Probation department at the upper level.  My fabulous boss, Kim, was promoted to Deputy Chief Probation Officer and left the Vista office three weeks ago.  They have yet to name a replacement, so I have been without a boss for a while.  I’m excited and nervous to find out who I will be working for.  But, I think change like this will be good for me and for our office.
I can’t believe I have already been at this job for a year.  I really enjoy working for the county and there are so many opportunities for growth.  Kim is hoping there will be an opportunity for me working with her again, which would be a promotion for me.  I’m grateful that she and I worked so well together that she would think of me in her new position.
Tomorrow is a big day- Travis graduates grade school!  I cannot believe my sweet little Travie is already moving on to middle school.  I’m so excited for him (and a little sad- I have a feeling things are really going to move quickly now that the fun and idyllic days of grade school are behind him).
I hope all is well- it was great to hear from you.  Turning 40 seemed like a good time to reflect on the people in my life.  You and Dad have, from the moment we first met over 20 years ago, embraced me as a member of your beautiful, loving family.  I am so grateful for every moment spent at your house when I was younger and the big family gatherings.  My family was so different from yours- so much smaller, everyone very disconnected and out of touch.  I remember feeling so overwhelmed at first with everyone around, but it didn’t take long for me to realize what a gift I had been given.  Thank you for loving me as one of your own children.
And thank you Aimee for being in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment