Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ASHLEE'S TREK CONTINUES

This in from Ashlee a few days ago.

This will have to be awfully fast as I spent tons of my paid time trying to get this computer to work.

Alas, one morning I decided to get started early to see the sunrise, and left one of my two pair shorts behind. I didn't realize that I had done that until the next morning. Oh well I thought, I will just wear the ones I have. ALas, after a few days there is nothing but holes on the inside and they are barely staying together. And it was cold. So I spent a good hour today trying to find some. Spanish women are tiny!! I got the largest biggest size they had in stock and they just barely fit! Very, very short but I suppose they should last until the end.
I have decided to take it a bit slower and just spend one extra day in Santiago. It is nice and easy only 25K a day or so until the end. We laugh now that 25K is easy, but it is! Our group has all split up due to injury, time, scheduling, etc., but it was nice while it lasted and also nice again that I am on my own.
I met some nice Canadian girls who I am going to have dinner with. I am in Barvadelo, and it is gorgeous. Probably the nicest hostel, yet it's like a resort. It's only 9 Euros. There is really nice view of the Spanish countryside and I feel very grateful to be here.

(I couldn't find Barvadelo on this map, but as she says, only 108k to go!)



Oh no! Just two minutes left.
Only 108 kms to go!


I miss you terribly and can't wait to take dear Remington on lots of walks.

Give everone my love,

Ashlee
Remington

WALKING SHORTS FOR ASHLEE!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment