Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Update on Katie

 


Here's an update on what's going on in Katie's world from her own lips.


I do have good news!! today, I got a call from Banana Republic, the clothing store, and they are hiring me! I have been hired on their merchandising team, instead of a sales associate (from what I understand). They are hiring me for at least the holiday season, but they said they are hopeful they can keep me on longer. I have orientation on friday for a few hours where i will be getting more details about when I will be working, and what exactly I will be doing. It is truly a prayer that has been answered!

School is going really well. i really like all of my classes and I love UVU. It is such a good school. I am signing up for classes for winter semester either the end of this week, or the beginning of next week. I declared my major as Behavioral Science, which is pretty new. I decided that I want to be a family therapist, and right now, I am planning on getting my masters and hopefully my PhD. It's going to be a lot of school, but I feel really, really good about this decision.

Singles Branch is wonderful, as always. I got a new calling. I am Visiting Teaching Coordinator which I am really excited about. the branch hasn't really ever encouraged Visiting Teaching, and I am hoping to change that. Visiting Teaching, just like home teaching is so important and is truly inspired. I did teach a lesson a few weeks ago. it was about Visiting Teaching. I decided to basically teach an introduction to visiting teaching and the importance of it, and how I am going to go about my calling. It went really well and a lot of people told me they enjoyed it. I am glad because I want the ladies to be as enthusiastic about Visiting Teaching as I am.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. They would be SO LUCKY to have you, Katie!! Proof that those at the Banana Republic are pretty smart monkeys....

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete