Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Want to know what the newest newlyweds are doing? Here's a great report from Danielle.




We absolutely love it here in Arizona! It has been really warm here, but I think we are adjusting to the weather here. 

MEDICAL SCHOOL: 
Spencer is already doing SO well in school. He is working so hard with an already incredibly large load from his classes. He is taking: histology, biochemistry, anatomy, introduction to clinical medicine, human behavior and osteopathic manipulative medicine. His schedule is about 8-5 each day with class and then additional studying after that.  (I'm wiping my brow after reading that!)

DEER VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL: 
I started school at Deer Valley High School this week. We are the Skyhawks and our colors are a Royal Blue and Silver. It is a very veteran staff at Deer Valley, where most people have been there for 20-30 years and never want to leave. They have all been very supportive, and kind and very welcoming. I teach 5 classes throughout the day. I teach two Geometry classes, two Algebra Applications (a class where we review real world applications of what they learned in Algebra) and then I team teach a Geometry class with a general education teacher in the math department. Each of my classes have about 15 students in them. I have about 18 students on my case load, who I am responsible for their IEPs throughout the school years. The Deer Valley campus is HUGE, it is absolutely a beautiful school with a lot to offer. 
(Zowie! Imagine having that kind of knowledge to teach those subjects. Impressive.)

CHURCH: 
We are now part of the King's Park ward, here in Glendale. Its a good sized ward with a good mix of people in it. There are a lot of Midwestern students and their families in the ward, and a lot of elderly people, not a lot of people in the middle (not a lot of middle aged people or middle aged families, there is only 1 deacon and maybe only 1 or 2 young women). We have just been called to work in the nursery and will be there for the next 6 months to a year. We are really excited for the new adventure and will see where it takes us! (Bless their hearts for that calling. It can really be fun.)

GLENDALE: 
We have absolutely loved getting to know Glendale! We have found that we are never more than about 10 or 15 minutes away from anything that we need or would like to go and do! Its very clean and everyone is very friendly.  (Sleepy little Glendale when I was a kid has now grown up!)


Here are some pictures of our apartment- I hope you enjoy!! 


Lovely bedroom.



 He already has that Arizona look!

 No need for glasses!!!!!

Great U-shaped kitchen.  I see they have their water supply in the corner. Who's that peeking over the counter? 

 Enough seating to have friends over.

 This will probably be my room when I visit????

 Bathroom 1.

Bathroom 2.

Thanks Dano for the fun update.

1 comment:

  1. Cute apartment! My advice in the summer: grocery shop in evening/night. And don't worry the heat only lasts until December!

    ReplyDelete