Wednesday, August 31, 2016

FAIRFIELD

Getting out of LA is always tough. I had a couple of slow-downs, not bad, but one was significant. After 40 minutes of very stop and slow, I drove by a burned out shell of a car. All that remained was the frame. Question answered.

About  100 miles from their home the Freeway splits going left to San Francisco and right to Sacramento. I took the right, but must have missed something or other. I knew I wasn't on the right road. Took about 20 minutes to correct with the help of a UPS driver and then I was back on track. 

As before, showered and plopped into bed.

The big news was January's car situation. Her old Tahoe of 16 years had finally died! Bob's car was in the shop addressing the recall for the airbags but he did have a loaner. Good thing I was there as I provided an extra car.


Farewell old Kemo-Sabe (her car's name.)


After a lot of angst, this is what she ended up with.


It's a 2010 black Lexus 450

Even the back seats recline and are heated AND cooled!

We did some fun things while I was there and then the following Monday I headed home staying a night in Elko.

1 comment: