Sunday, July 21, 2013

HERMANA AGLE UPDATE (AKA ARIA)


For those of you who don't follow Aria's Facebook page (now administered by her Dad) here's a little of what is going on in her world.


 She has finished the language training and is now in the "mission field". Here she is with the Mission President and his wife.


 Here' is the whole group.


Here's an excerpt from one of her letters:

I loved reading all the good things that are happening, and I am so glad you went out to Iowa for my dear Aunties. Sometimes I think that relaxed life would be ideal. I love it. Plus fireflies, that is pretty dang magical if you ask me!!! I haven´t even ever seen them but I think that it would be super duper spectacular. Jus sayin.’ 

Oh so mission life, here we go  earlier this week...hmm...funny story first. So our suspicions were confirmed...I indeed do not have...a British accent. But how did this knowledge come to light you may ask? Well it happened on Wednesday morning, Hermana Braun and I were walking to our next cita, when we heard from behind us an "excuse me!¨ then a little girl on a bike passed by which was followed by a very polite "thank you!" I must say I was rather impressed with this Chilean girl`s Spanish! So my companion and I continued on and we noticed she had stopped to pet a puppy. We caught up to her and she explained that her English was that good, well because she was indeed British. I gotta admit it was so weird explaining we were missionaries in English…haha.  I felt funny not speaking Spanish (or my attempted Spanish) but anyway, we continued chit chatting and I told her about how you graduated from England and how my Aunt was British as well.

 She was excited about that and we eventually got to the subject of coming by her house. She was more than happy to accept us coming by (I think for want of company alone, poor thing with no one to talk to!) and we were just writing down her address when a rather concerned father called out to her. She biked ahead to go talk to him and we began bustling over as well. Although we were not too far off, we could hear their conversation quite clearly. She told them we were English missionaries (I think she really meant English speaking, perhaps I confused her) and she asked if we could come by their house, he said very loudly that no we indeed were not coming!

When we had actually gotten over to talk to him I said my, well you know, rather cheery `hello!`and then he said (rather pompously if you don´t mind me saying) ¨No Camilla, that is definitely not an English accent, that is an American accent." We attempted to ask him to come by and he just said not in our American dreams. So yes father, I indeed do not have an English accent. However I do have American dreams  and that is something to be happy about hahaha. Secretly, I am rather glad I do not have to get rejected by an Englishman everyday!

 While she was out shopping what should she see but her Mother's namesake store!


 New fashion statement!  PJs?



Aria said that she really wanted this coat, but she didn't buy it. Then, as a HUGE surprise, her district fellow missionaries bought it for her for her 21st birthday. I think she is happy.


And to bring you up-to-date on the Firepit Pagoda


The roof is taking shape!

1 comment:

  1. WHA - ?! How could ANY man, British or otherwise, say no to two such lovely and charming ladies? Unbelievable!

    LOVE the expression captured of Aria and her New American Dream Coat. Priceless!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete