Monday, July 15, 2013

D R A G O N S L A Y E R !


While Dennis jr. was here awhile back we had an exciting adventure! Dennis and I were walking down the hall and as he turned to go into his bedroom, lo and behold we had a visitor! I guess it wasn't quite a dragon, but close to it. Dennis said, "run and get a bowl". I did while he kept an eye on it. It was a staring contest. With bowl in hand, he swiftly swooped it down on the critter and then it was, "what do we do now?" He said get a file folder and he slipped it under the bowl without losing the prey. Then it was maneuver the critter back up the hall, turn to the entryway and with great finesse, over the threshold and a gigantic fling out on the lawn! 
 I guess we left the patio screed door open too long!

Down the hall we go. 


This was the tricky part!

 Success! Dennis said it was either that or sleep with his mouth closed all night.

2 comments:

  1. WAIT!!! Did you at least give him a nickel, 'fer cryin' out loud!

    Don't be shocked, but I could have handled this too! Snakes and reptiles I have no problem with. It's the furry, flying things that give me pause. Actually, more than pause. Ahem.

    LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH INFINITY!!!!!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... the glass of the bowl makes the dragon appear much smaller than it actually was, which, if I had to ballpark it, was around 3 feet in length and one inch in diameter (as I have explained it to all who would listen).

    Love,
    Dennis Jr.
    Dragon Slayer

    ReplyDelete