Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DISNEYWORLD- HERE I COME!

Well here is some very exciting news.  Sashy will be moving to Florida in September for 5 months to participate in a internship program that allows her to work and also to take 2 classes on line for her college credit.  Because they have to bring quite a bit of their things with them, (bedding, etc.) Suzanne and Sashy are going to make it a fun Mother/Daughter road trip and drive there.  It sounds so fun to be able to see the country, visit and yak a lot and enjoy a special bonding time together that will probably never happen again. 
So here in Sashy's own words:

For those of you who don't know, I was recently accepted into the Disney College Program in a restaurant internship. I am absolutely ecstatic and from what I've heard, working in the restaurants at Walt Disney World have an incredible energy, atmosphere, and level of kindness.
However, those accepted into the college program have the option to audition for face and fur characters, (for example, Tinkerbell, Pluto, Darth Vader... etc.). And unfortunately, when I learned of this, and additionally learned that there was an audition in Salt Lake City no less, I had to go.

I despise auditions and generally do not talk about them or let people know when I'm going to go to one or have had one just because it has a huge potential to be awkward if I don't get in or something like that but this audition was totally different.
IT WAS THE FUNNEST AUDITION EVER!!!!
My number. Out of 170-something.
CATTLE CALL.
Seriously, it was a blast and I wish I could tell details but Disney has a very strict 'Integrity policy' (to keep the magic alive, ya know) so I'm not allowed to share details but I will say that this girl made it through a plethora of cuts.

And then, just today, I recieved an email stating I had been cast as a performer. I got the part! (Part being unspecific. Generally, most characters (that's me) play multiple parts while they are down in Florida.) While down in Florida, my roles and responsibilities will include signing autographs, posing for pictures, dancing in parades, and etc for about five whole months! I am beyond excited and grateful for this opportunity and truly cannot WAIT for September 5th! (My arrival date.)



A big thank you to my wonderful family and friends who helped me get to this point! (Both literally and emotionally.) I couldn't have been given this chance without them!

And might I add from all of us, well done and congratulations, Sashy.  We're very excited for you.

 

3 comments:

  1. OHMYHECK, that is SO EXCITING, Sashy!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! WOOHOO!!!

    Made me forget my bats for a moment there!

    XOXOXOXO

    Aunt Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Ruth. It's nice to hear some feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Aunt Ruth! Thank you, Grandma! Loves!!

    ReplyDelete