Friday, December 3, 2010

LITTLE CAROL JANE


Okay Rhiannon. Per your request, here is a photo of me when I was about 1 year old. My mother smocked my dress (she did beautiful smocking - in case some don't know what that is, it is the decorative gathered work on my dress). I nice little hankie pinned to the dress was readily available for any runny noses! Of course it had to be a pretty little hankie. How about those chubby cheeks!
(I was always known as Carol Jane until I was about 7. That's when Mary Ann decided to only use her middle name, so I felt I had to follow suit and be like my big sister!)

4 comments:

  1. Great picture and story, Mom--so glad Rhiannon is the catalyst to let us share in some great family memories--sometimes the genealogical bug skips generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a cutie even then and here she is 72 years after that picture was taken, still a cutie. Aren't I the lucky one?

    Dad Agle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cool thing is that that still looks like our lovely mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I totally think this looks just like you! What a cherub! Thanks for finding this and posting it. Did your mom curl your hair with rags? Is grandpas baby pic next? I have never seen his either.

    ReplyDelete