Thursday, January 9, 2014

TIME TO REPLANT THE BIRD BATH

My birdbath needed a redo. The plants had grown too big, so I pulled them all out but couldn't get to replant it until recently. 

 Ken thought that since there was nothing in it, it would be a good place to put his "weird" lemon.


 I went to my local nursery and bought some interesting succulents.


  Placed them here and there to see what works.


The three pots in the back are the cymbidium orchids that Ken helped me re-pot and thin out.  I should have some beautiful orchids in a few months.


Here they are all nestled in the special cactus soil ready to take root.

 My Camellias and Bird of Paradise are starting to pop!




2 comments:

  1. Wish I was there to help with your plants ~ I am counting the days until I can start some seeds indoors and then wait for spring! Iowa is having the coldest winter in 20 years. Love you, Julie XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL, Mom! I see where Julie gets her green thumb! So odd to see pretty flowers and greenery this time of year...

    LOVE YOU!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete