Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A 24-HOUR VISIT FROM KEN

(IF YOU ARE READING THIS, YOU WILL SEE THAT I AM READY TO START BLOGGING AGAIN. IF YOU HAVE SOME NEWS OR PICTURES, PLEASE SEND THEM ALONG AND YOU TOO CAN BE FEATURED IN THIS BLOG.  Woo hoo!)

Now on the short but fully packed visit from Ken. He flew in early Friday morning (12/27) and worked all day in LA and then came to SJC for a short visit. Knowing he was going to be here, I made up a "sonny do" (not a honey do, but my son ny do --get it!) list.

He turned my mattress around, pulled out the dresser so I could retrieve some things that fell behind it, helped with with Dad's iPod and several other things, and then he took me out for dinner. When we go home, we played a game of Rummy and watched Jeopardy (like we always did when Dad was here.) We had to start a new score card with just the two of us this time. We'll keep track of those Rummy games (which happen only when Ken is down here for work) through 2015! 

We got up early on Saturday morning and he pruned the lemon tree and a bush, and helped me repot my sibidium orchids. They needed to be thinned out and replanted. (picture later)

My lemon tree and the bush on the right badly needed pruning. Too bad I didn't take a before picture. 

 We found this really weird lemon and Ken couldn't resist drawing a face on it.

After we finished our work, Ken took me to see the movie, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, but this was no ordinary theater. It was "Cinepolis," a swanky theater that has leather reclining seats, and waiters that take your order for food and bring it to you to enjoy whilst watching the movie! We ordered sushi, a cheese platter, sodas and for dessert, sweet popcorn! What a fun experience!


Yes, the seats recline and you can watch the movie in real comfort (just like at Ken's house!)

After the movie, Ken brought me home and then left to go to his cousin's dental office to have a little work done on his teeth and then return to Utah. Thanks, Ken.

1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN. I wish I could have been there! I come from the Best Family EVAH.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete