Friday, September 6, 2013

GOINGS ON IN THE THATCHER, ARIZONA AREA

Here's a few things going on at the Carlton's house.


Our church is right next to the temple and we took some pics there. 
 Is that just the cutest little girl ever!

Beautiful flowers and lovely people. Boy is Rhiannon's hair getting long!

We have early morning church 9am which I love and will be sad to lose it. It makes for a long afternoon. Sometimes by evening we need to do something take a walk etc. This Sunday we broke out the slip n slide. Everyone had lots of fun. At first the boys were terrible at it just running and flopping in the pool. Eddy couldn't take it and had to get his suit on and show them how it was done. He even sent Zaynzley down a few times. She preferred the pool at the end of the slide. That is a great design improvement from when I was little. I always hated to slide past the end of it and get grass burn. Ouch!






I wrote back to Rhiannon and asked her what was hanging from the trees. She responded:

From all the time I spent in Michigan (mission) I grew to love yard art. Well I decided I wanted to add some more to my backyard and I decided to decorate that tree. So I looked on Pinterest and saw some teacups tied to branches but I thought ribbons would be a prettier way to attach them. They have to be proper teacups, not mugs etc. They are somewhat hard to find at the price I want to pay which is a dollar a teacup max. I have working on it for about six months. I just started a teapot tree on a different tree by the way. I have loads of fun back yard ideas on my Pinterest boards that hopefully I will execute one day

The other pic is not that good of our 'hoarder's haven' as we like to call it or our junky garage that will be undergoing a transformation. It is much worst in person! We have our work cut out for us.

Rhiannon continues:

This part of summer is the worst to me. The calendar says it should be fall but the days are long and hot and you're sick of swimming and wet clothes and towels. The monsoons have left taking all excitement with them. You really want to wear jeans and sweaters and cute layers but it is still to hot to consider it. Hopefully we will both soon experience cooler weather.

Not much has happened here everyone is back in school all three older boys are playing football (Quinton 7th grade-offensive line, Declan, youth football as center, McCoy flag). Their games haven't started yet just lots of practice.

We have begun our remodel of turning our garage into a family room. First up is making a storage closet. Hopefully this weekend we can get that done. Projects of all kinds seem to go much slower than one would like!

Quinton went to his first school dance and danced with 25 different girls! He has been to a few Deacon/Beehive dances where I told him I would pay him a dollar a dance for every girl he danced with. I was shocked when he came home from the first dance and I owed him 15 dollars! My reasoning was that if I could spare some poor girls from waiting around all night to be asked to dance than it wouldn't be so painful. The boys hardly asked girls to dance when they were Deacons back in my day. The dances were so boring. 
Mr. Cool

Quinton has really taken to it and dances every dance even the fast ones which I would dearly love to watch as I have never seen him dance at all. Thankfully I told him I only pay for church dances.


No comments:

Post a Comment