Saturday, June 22, 2013

NEWEST LETTER FROM HERMANA AGLE


Here's letter #4. It's as delightful as the others.
(This drawing was done by one of the missionaries)


Guess which one is Hermana Agle.

It makes me happy to hear my mission is impacting others as well, it is certainly impacting me. I can´t believe how amazing a mission is! It really is awesome.

Oh and Daddy!!! Happy Father´s day!!!!! I am so sorry I did not wish you one beforehand! The days are so confuzzled here I can hardly remember anything! and the letter and package made me cry and I was sooo happy!!! I love you so much!!! I do not deserve such love. I am currently wearing my new skirt and scarves, and they definitely are appreciated. It has finally become winter today, but I will survive since you were so kind as to send me such wonderful things! Thank you :)

Entonces, you want more about the mission details eh? Well I would love to fill you in as much as possibly can. First off here, in Chile the Spanish is so different from Spanish everywhere else. Not only do they speak supremely fast, they drop the s and have all sorts of different lingo. For instance like eh they have "po". So they will say ¨toy feliz, po¨ instead of like estoy they say toy and po after everything. I usually have to say mas lente, but I have gotten a lot better at understanding. However I frequently ask ¨donde esta mi palabras!¨ I guess with most things I will just have to learn it as I go, prepare as much as I can, and then...Let Heavenly Father do the rest. The Spirit can speak to everyone, even if I can´t. :)

So we just shipped off our second group of Latinos and now it is our turn next. I cannot believe I am in the last two weeks of the CCM. Where has time gone, honestly! My companion has been the sweetest thing, her name is Hermana Hunter. She is from Caldwell, Idaho and has a super cute family. Looking at all the companionships here we were all fitted so perfectly! Makes me feel like I filled out an information form telling everything about me, because they knew exactly what and who I needed. Revelation is so real! So now on Thursday our new set of Latinos for our mission in Este are going to be here! And we have new teachers which is always bittersweet, but I think it is a very good learning tool. We see so many different teaching styles. I am so excited!!!! It is hard though, because we become such good friends in the two weeks we have and then we must say goodbye. I think I will be very used to saying goodbye by the end of my mission, but in the process I will have made some amazing and lifelong friends.

We had a little dance party the last night, I will have to send it, I do not know if I broke the rules...Hopefully not. I just wanna show you. The first group of Latinas and I have a video of us singing called to serve in English and Español. Super entertaining, but I did not record it. So despues mission I will have to add them and show you. Such hilarity is not meant to go unseen, in my opinion.

This week we tried contacting, just in the temple grounds, but it was a good experience. I talked to some cute teenage girls and they helped me with my Spanish and listened to my little message. I am just trying my best to brave and do hard work out here, because even though it is scary knowing I really am imperfect at Spanish. I know the only way I will be an effective missionary is to well…TALK. So I just am giving it all I have! I may say pescados instead of pecados (sins and fish, and yes we have mixed those up haha) But really I am super willing to do what it takes, even if I look a little silly.

Oh, so I had my first real completo today, wow. I do not know if I can return to the old hot dogs of America. I am definitely liking guacamole with everything. So good. And we went to this giant mall that is six stories today, and road the metro again. I feel so grown up, and gringo...at the same time. Haha we are so lost sometimes being gringos. It is okay though!!! :)

Anyway, so there was the promise given by Gordon B Hinckley that if you read the BOM in your mission language you will be able to learn it right? So my whole district is reading the Libro De Mormón right now. I must say I am so slow, but I really do feel a difference. I think it is helping me at least with speaking. It is a great goal! I can´t wait until I finish (probably in 18 months) lol just kidding. I really am glad we thought of that goal however.

Gosh I know I have more stories to tell you, I have been writing them down but I lost my paper. Ugh. Well anyway, the pagoda looks tight! (more about that to come in another blog. - - Mom)I showed everyone.

Tell my little ones I love them! I hope they are having a fantastic summer. Send me mas picturas! I want to know everything!!! I am doing really well though Daddy, do not even worry. I am just trying to lose myself! And I have not honestly been this consistently happy in so long. As Jeffrey R Holland said, the mission is REAL LIFE. And I can attest to how wonderful it has been, I haven´t even made it to the field yet!

I love you all so much!!!!!!! Thank you for your prayers and love. I feel them everyday and am sending as much love as I can back!!! Luckily, I kinda think I have a fountain of love inside of me!!!

Tengan buen semana!!!!

Chau,
Hermana Agle

No comments:

Post a Comment