Thursday, November 15, 2012

KATIE & DAREN

Here's an update on the newlyweds, Katie and Daren who just celebrated their first anniversary.
 
I have been working on a blog to send you. We still don't know exactly where we are moving so I was just waiting to hear back on that before I sent you an update. To keep you up to date, Daren and I have applied to like in an apartment complex, it's just taking them a while to process the application. The place we are hoping for is in Midvale, so that it is closer to Daren's work in Orem, but still easy enough to get to the U for my schooling. 

I now work at a Veterinary Hospital. I really enjoy it! it is something different that I have never tried or thought of trying, but it is so fun to learn new things and to also have cute puppies visit the office daily. I'll need to take a picture of me in my scrubs, and I'll send that to you as well. 

We hopefully will find out if we get the apartment either tonight or tomorrow (hopefully because we have to move out tomorrow anyway). I'll let you know what we hear.

Well, they didn't hear, but they still had to move, so about 5 pickup trucks shared their household things, taking them to various homes to await further instructions. Katie and Daren moved into Mom & Dad's basement for the time being.  I think it took a few more days before they were finally approved. Here's her next entry to me.
 
We love our new place. We haven't had much time to decorate it, but hope to have pictures up and hanging with decorations out by Thanksgiving. 

Our community is great, very family-friendly! We have not yet been to our new ward yet. I was going to the old ward for a while because I was in the primary presidency and felt I could not leave in the middle of Primary Program planning time. I will miss those primary kids a lot. When I was first called as a Sunbeam teacher I was scared to death, but grew to love my kids so much! Then, when I was called as 2nd counselor, I was terrified again, but it allowed me to get to know the rest of the children. I love primary--I hope that in our new ward there is a spot open that I can be called to!

Daren and I just celebrated our first anniversary. We had a great weekend! On Friday the 19th, I surprised Daren with a photo-shoot. I can't wait to see the pictures! The girl that took our pictures is a very talented young girl. I thought it would be fun to have pictures to remember our first year. Although we still don't have the pictures quite yet, we will soon! I'll be sure to post some on Facebook, then see if I can send them on to you.

The next day (our actual anniversary) Daren surprised me with a 70 minute couples massage. It was so nice and relaxing! We then went to dinner to Cheesecake Factory (our favorite) then walked around City Creek Center (the new mall in SLC) and window shopped. It was so much fun!

Work is going really well. Daren and I are quite happy in our jobs. We work a lot, but we are just grateful that we both have jobs in this economy. I am finally settling into my new job at the Veterinary Hospital, which is nice because I feel comfortable now.

School is also going well. This is a very difficult and busy semester for me, but I'll be all the more grateful for when it is over! I have tests every week, papers due every week, and lots of studying. But, I am learning a lot and this is building a great base for the classes I will have for the next 3 semesters when I'll graduate!!

 


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you went to the Cheesecake Factory AFTER the massage!

    It's so fun to read about a young married couple in their early days. So many challenges! So many triumphs!

    I hope your new ward is as wonderful as your last and that all goes well with everything. Happy belated anniversary - I can't believe it's been a year already!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope life just keeps getting better and better, with as few hiccups as possilbe to still grow as individuals and as a couple. Love you guys, Grandpa Agle

    ReplyDelete