Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A WEEKEND GETAWAY IN ONE OF THE WORLD'S BEST CITIES.

SAN FRANCISCO
Erik had a job for his company in San Francisco and somebody had to go, so......
Here, in his words: 

 I have a new apartment project in San Francisco and needed to go visit the jobsite.  I flew up on Thursday where I met Derek at his office and he took me to lunch.  After lunch I took a cab to the jobsite did my thing then went back to the hotel and got cleaned up.  Derek and I went to dinner at a Thai restaurant which was a new experience for me because I didn’t know if I liked Thai food…and it turns out I love Thai food.

On Friday Kristin flew up to spend the weekend with me.  We had a great time and thought that the weather in San Francisco in November is so much better than in July.  We spent the weekend walking around China Town, the financial district and the Embarcadero.  We would sample a few items at a restaurant and then we would walk the meal off and enjoy the city until we found another restaurant that looked good where would sample some more food.   It was great weekend getaway and we cannot  wait to go back sometime.


Looks like China Town to me. 

Alcatraz Island in the background.
 

Of course if you go to San Francisco you have to ride a cable car!

1 comment:

  1. ACK! The scariest driving EVER is in San Francisco. That said, I LOVE it there. My friend Scott Wilson and I used to go and I had two of my most disparate culinary experiences there too.

    1. Calimari. Gulp. Looked like small spiders. Couldn't do it, nosirree.

    2. Monte Christo sandwiches! YUM!! First and last time, but my favorite sandwich EVER! Who wouldn't love a French Toasty ham and cheese sandwich with raspberry jam dipping sauce?!

    But I digress...

    Glad to hear you're doing well, Erik and Kristin!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete