Thursday, May 31, 2012

Miscellaneous Updates


MISCEELLANEOUS UPDATES:

About a week ago, our nephew Joe Price who lives in Oregon, came here on business as he does once a year and paid us a visit and took us to lunch.  Here's a picture of me checking out his family pictures on his laptop.

The communication from Ashlee is sparse because there aren't a lot of places she can blog, but here's a little update.

Sorry it has been so long between emails. I am now in Montevillos. Only about 200 km to Santiago. We made some very long days of 33, 40, 36, & 35 k, so I am very tired. I was supposed to continue with my group but decided to have an easy day today and will try to catch up with them tomorrow.

I deposited my rock today on the highest point on the Camino. It was the prettiest rock there.

Thank you very much for all that you do, I love you guys an miss you and am looking forward to coming home and seeing everyone.

Time is flying. but I get ever closer to Santiago.

Lots of love and miss you terribly. Hope the store is well. Please give Remington and Pa a hug.

Ashlee

As an aside:  I asked Rhiannon about the reference to the book, Lady in White and this is what she wrote:

On a previous international trip Ashlee exchanged books with a fellow traveler and got Woman in White. To lighten the load when you were done with a book you would leave at a hostel or trade it. Anyway due to its ponderous story (it is quite a slow, fat read) Ashlee toted it around not able to finish it. I would tease her about it from time to time and as a joke I downloaded it to her Kindle. I guess she felt like she would give it another go. 

Sounds like to me that there isn't a lot of time to read.

As another aside, we have a TV travel program that we enjoy very much with Rick Steves and lo and behold, he had a program on the very walk that Ashlee is doing, The Camino de Santiago.

It was so interesting to see and he showed several of the towns that are on the path, plus many of the churches and he even showed a typical stop when the walkers stay which is very "dorm" like and pretty packed with a lot of people.

I'm sure it will be an experience to remember and be very proud that you completed the 500 k walk to Santiago de Compostela.


Here's another picture of the guys in D.C.  It's the only one of the two of them and a bit fuzzy but still nice to see.   
Two handsome men with the Washington Monument behind them.  Great shot!
Here's a graduation picture of Mayra who just completed her high school years.

Congratulations, Mayra.  Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment