Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WE HAE A POET IN THE FAMILY - DAVIS

(Email sent to us from Ken) "Might surprise everyone that Davis has the heart of a poet. Here are two of his poems." 

Also, I asked permission of Davis to post these and this is his response. "Yes, yes, feel free to post them if you'd like. I'd love to see what others say of them."

I'm sure Davis will enjoy seeing some "comments" at the end of this post!
 
Once I loved a rose
Small at first
but soon she grew
but not a thorn appeared.

As spring turned into summer
her vibrant colors blossomed
as fragrances ran rampant
and I loved her all the more.

Tick.... Tock...
Went her life clock
Worrying... Fearing...
was all she did

As thorns appeared

Thorns, sharp and fierce
she lashed out with
till only I remained
but I still loved her, all the same.
 
Tick... Tock...
went her life clock
slashing... slicing...
her thorns striking any and all

And thus it was
till the day she died
and as I looked at her
I laid a rose at her feet
 
For I loved her still.

Fire raged, fire flared
the blaze appeared once more.
Burning passionate life
surging with rage and spite
consuming all
and leaving only ash.

Water stagnate, water stirred
the torrent rushing by.
Trickling without concern
swiftness without reason
washing away the dirt
and leaving little behind.

Light blinded, light glowed
brightening all ahead.
Shining joyful love
bright peace and joy
making all things glow
and nothing sorrow.

Earth firm, earth stiff
towering over all.
Quaking with rage
Shaking with power
yet a home for all
and the only one.

3 comments:

  1. More talents of Sir Davis revealed. Who knew?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An unfair concentration of talents: brain, heart, black belt, and good looks, too? No fair! Congrats! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew he was really smart and talented in Science and martial arts, but to also have a poetic bent is remarkable! I really liked the poems and feel they are publishable.
    Great job Davis!
    Grandpa Agle

    ReplyDelete