Sunday, May 8, 2011

UPDATE FROM THE LANCASTERS

Here is an update from Julie:

Here are some recent photos of projects we have been working on:

The one with the blue pots is a disappearing fountain but it is hard to tell from the photos. 

Scott put a permanent fence around our garden that he has been working on the last couple of weekends.  He still needs to build a gate but that will have to wait until next weekend since he is off to Nashville this week.  (The fence is to keep the "critters' out!. . . Mom)

The statue in on the landing above the front stairs.  I finally added crystals to her and now she is complete! (Like Tevia, they have one stairs going up and another going down - - well sort of.  They can use either one).

Lastly are a couple of photos of our kitchen progress.  Since I now will have some extra time I will finish painting the cabinets and I want to re-stain the floor and use a more glossy finish.  Also it is hard to tell but in the mud room trim was added to both doors to match the rest of the house.  Al has also put up almost all of the baseboard in the kitchen and all of it in the mud room. 

As I move along on getting this finished I will send photos more often.  I spent several hours weeding the rose garden today.  I lost of few roses this past winter so now it is going to be a combination rose & cutting garden.  I split a bunch of plants from around out house and put them in the garden and I am also plants a bunch of seeds.  Hopefully it will be a colorful sight to see in a couple of months!

We had Ruth over for breakfast this morning since Adam spent the night at a friends house.  I gave her tulips (from our yard) for Mother's day.  It is great that we are able to spend time together! (Makes a Mother's heart happy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment