Tuesday, June 2, 2015

SOME HAPPIER NEWS FROM IOWA

Here's a little update from Julie:

I will send more as the summer progresses - hope to get a lot done around our house this summer.  Our garden in the corral is now the WHOLE corral so we should have tons of veggies and a great pumpkin patch.
(the corral is where that circle of fence posts are)

We had a neighbor take down some dead trees on our property (we are giving him the hay in our back field in exchange).  


 I kept the stump of one of them and am going to make it into a planter later day - that is the photo of the giant stump.   

(Julie told me they have to wait a year before they can stain the deck.)

 We hung the curtains (OK they are table cloths that I got on clearance for $7 each) in our 3 season room.  The pipe is cheap metal pipe and then plumbers floor flanges - thanks Pinterest - super cheap way to get curtain rods that long.


 The other pillars were made into 2 lights and then with the left over Roger made me two little tables - one has a feather tree on it I am going to decorate and leave up all year.  

(Julie told me that a few years ago the city was tearing down a house and these pillars were on the curb. She asked if she could have them and the guy said, 'help yourself'. She knew she could do something special with them someday.)

 Our deck is so beautiful and the fire pit is the perfect place to hang out.  We just placed the pillars (there is 6 foot 4x4 in the ground and then the pillars are slid on.  We are going to string lights from them and then I have a vintage metal round table and chairs that I am going to get out and spray paint hopefully soon.  

 (This is a cute little garden area out their back door.)














  








1 comment:

  1. So green and lush I would love to kick up my heels and enjoy your lovely outdoor area! Julie you are a talented decorator!

    ReplyDelete