Friday, December 19, 2014

CHRISTMAS CONCERT

My dear niece, Beki submitted my name for tickets to the annual Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. They have over a million requests for these tickets, and the Conference center seats 20,000 and they do 4 concerts. You are lucky if your name is chosen. Sure enough, I was one of the lucky ones. I received 4 tickets for Sunday morning, December 14. I thought that would be a nice treat for the recently returned missionary, so I chose her and two others of her family which ended up being her sister and her dad. Ken was kind enough to drive us there and we all enjoyed a wonderful concert which will be broadcast next year on TV. (They film this year's for airing the following year.)


Santino Fontana was their special guest along with the Sesame Street Muppets. There were dancers and the Orchestra at Temple Square along with the Christmas Bell Ringers. Just delightful.

 The Conference Center as it is beginning to fill up.

 Sophie ready to enjoy the show especially with her new glasses.

The show will soon begin. 

My favorite was Big Bird leading the choir and orchestra and especially the organist doing a duet with The Count at his organ. The song? Of course what else would it be but
The Twelve Days of Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun outing! So glad you were chosen! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete