Wednesday, December 24, 2014

AND AT THE LANCASTERS . . .

Here's a few things the Lancasters have been working on recently.


The dresser that used to be in our room has now been moved to the front guest room.  


I bought a decal on Ebay for $5 and put it on an old window we had.  It was my first attempt at putting a decal on so it isn't perfect.  We hung it up by the top of the stairs near the bathroom.





For our bedroom we found a rug on clearance at Target for $30. 


 Scott and I made the star (our second attempt) from a pattern I found on Pinterest. 

 When we bought the wood at Habitat for Humanity we also found a door in the same paint color so we added legs and a top for a little table.

  (Toby's bed)                                  

I made the paper trees based on an idea I saw on - you guessed it - Pinterest (Scott says I need to stay off the site!).  One of the trees in for Sheryl at the Vet's office and one is for me and Ruth.  She already has hers so it isn't a secret.  I had everything here so they were free to make!



Lastly are photos of our tree and mantle.  The star on the mantle is our first attempt and the cuts weren't perfect so after Christmas it will go out into the 3 season room.  Ruth thinks I am silly but if I am laying in bed the star with the bad cuts would have driven me crazy


Our tree.


A close up.


I am going to start my next project soon using paper mache.  In January I will tackle the stairs!
(She is going to sand them down to the nub and re-stain. BIG JOB!)

No comments:

Post a Comment