Wednesday, November 5, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. . .

 It's not every day you turn 78! In fact, I think it only happens once in a life time.  Suzanne planned the party and it was very special. Dennis and Sue, Danielle, Sashy and Curtis, and of course Ken, Coppelia and kids came. She served 3 different soups with bread and crackers. It was impossible to tell which soup was the best.
When I arrived, this beautiful cake was waiting for me. Danielle has a dear friend who does cakes professionally. 
Sue envisioned what she wanted and "Amy" did the rest.

Had to get a picture with the cake. 


 On the trunk are Dad's and my name and there is a leaf for each child and their spouse.

 Each large cupcake represents the grand children and the smaller ones are the great-grandchildren.

That's a lot of cupcakes! They were delicious. Each leaf on the cupcake has the name of the child.

Here's Rhiannon' and Eddy's family. Everything was edible.
Can you see the iridescence on the leaves?
It was a great evening and I felt very special.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake - I love idea. It is amazing to see what you and Dad created together. Happy Birthday - I LOVE you!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You matched the cake perfectly! Happy birthday and what a sweet surprise. You look lovely and you can't be a day over 58! Much love!

    ReplyDelete