Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I'M BACK!

I've returned to California and to the welcomed rain. I guess all those prayers pleading for rain worked. I came in on Saturday after a long drive to the airport. It takes almost 4 hours to get to Minneapolis/St. Paul airport, and the weather was fairly hazardous for the first 3 hours. However! We made it. (Thanks Julie and Scott). An hour and 1/2 at the airport, a very bumpy 4 hour flight and viola! California. My home teacher Jeff picked me up and brought me some roses to boot! All was well at home, but believe me,
 Sunday was a day of REST.

 The first thing I did on Monday morning was get to the Post Office a little before 8a. It had been 30 days, and they only hold the mail for that long and then return all first class and dump (?) the rest!

I saw this guy chatting on the phone. 
(Scott: Note the shorts and flip-flops, at 8:15 no less)

  They found my box (whew) and I lugged it out to the car. It was heavy but I declined a nice young lady's offer to help me (the little old lady), but I did let her hold the doors open.

 On the back seat and then it was to the grocery store.

 Dumped on the dining room table.

Sorted in to magazine and reading piles, fist class, and trash in the paper bag.

AND SPEAKING OF POST OFFICES,
here is where Julie spend a good deal of her life!

 This is the behind the scenes area. She runs everything!
The heater went kaput while I was there and she had to work in very cold conditions. That wasn't the worst of it. The heater had been emitting bad fumes (cant remember which CO type) and they now know why she would come home so tired and take a 2 hour nap! It took several days to get the new heater installed.
 


Here's a very sturdy safe!
Thanks Julie for being responsible for the US mail.

2 comments:

  1. I can comment now I have a Google account. So glad you made it home safe what a difference in weather from Iowa to California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have a new commenter!

    ReplyDelete