Saturday, May 18, 2013

RYAN'S TRIP BACK EAST

For Spring break, Ryan along with his classmates got to take a dream trip.

 
Here in his own words:
 
As you might have heard, I recently went on an 8th grade field trip to visit Washington D.C.- but I didn't just visit D.C. I also visited Pennsylvania, Virginia, and New York!
 
 
There are obviously a lot of things that were interesting, but there are a few that were my favorite. One monument I found to my liking was the Lincoln Memorial. I found it fascinating because during the recent studying I've done about the Civil War. I have enjoyed learning about
President Abraham Lincoln so I thought it was really cool to see him sitting in his chair with his famous Gettysburg speech to the left of him and his Emancipation Proclamation on the right.
 

 
Another monument I found fascinating was the Martin Luther King Jr. monument. I found this monument to be amazing because he was such a great protestant. The way he told all of the colored men to not use violence when being beaten for doing marches or protestants was truly remarkable. I also love his famous "I Have a Dream" speech which is written write next to his monument.
 
 
Last but not least my final favorite things about the trip was to see the Statue of Liberty. However, I didn't get on the actual island to see the statue - I took a ferry along  the outside of the island and got a couple of photos. This was an awesome monument because I liked how it was a gift from France and how it signifies the welcoming of people from different countries to America.
 
 
 This is definitely a trip of a life time and I am very thankful that my parents were able to allow me to go.

Here's some other pictures Ryan took:
(His Mom said not to just take a picture of the sight, but to  be in it so it will be more memorable. He did a great job.)

Monticello  

 Jefferson and Ryan's friend
 


King Kamehameha

 Iwo Jima
 
 Liberty Bell

The White House
 
Thanks for sharing, Ryan.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic shape, thanks for the pictures and for being such a great grandson!
    Grandpa Agle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think in 8th grade, I got a trip to the state capitol or something. 8th grade is a lot better now. Thanks for the recap.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I didn't know King Kamehameha was there! HOW FUN. And good advice from your mom regarding the pictures. Now I want to go too!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete