Saturday, January 26, 2013

HOW ABOUT A LITTLE "INCLINING?"

With some Christmas money I received, Dad encouraged me to buy an Incliner. I've always been curious to see if it would be as helpful as they tout.* It was now or never! Costco had a deal on them and we took advantage of it. It was in a beast of a box. It felt like it weighed a ton.We got the men at Costco to load it for us, (we couldn't begin to lift it) and while Ken and Coppelia were here, Ken unloaded it and started the assembly one morning and then after work, finished the job. It was not an easy, simple assembly!
Finally assembled.
Too bad I didn't get a picture of the box. It was ginormous.
 
 
 
Coppelia offered to be our guinea pig.
It takes some adjusting to be just right for each person.

We've got the balance right.


 Away she goes.


 Ken's turn. Coppelia is checking the instructions.
 
Whopee!

 This is fun.
 
Yes, they got me on it.It is supposed to be very helpful for your back. I'm hoping it will make it possible for me to go to Disneyland in July and enjoy it. 

 Do I look like I'm having fun?
 
 Next it was Dad's turn. It took a little coaxing but he finally said yes.


"Okay, I can do this."

"Wow! This is pretty neat."

Erik came over a few days later and tried it out. Loved it!

Looks like a pro.

Stayed upside down long enough to get a little red in the face!
*Inversion works like this: When you tilt back on the table, it uses your body weight and gravity naturally,creating something called progressive decompression. It essentially does the reverse of the compression that occurs while you stand. This kind of stretch can help relieve back pain, improve circulation, relieve stress and fatigue, increase oxygen flow to the brain, strengthen ligaments, build core strength, encourage proper posture--the list goes on and on. (and so does the Costco review, but you get the idea).
 


3 comments:

  1. WHOA! Whatever you do, don't point your toes! CONK!

    This sounds like a wonderful stretch. I wander my town in search of monkey bars. And I shall WAVE to the monkey bars, and wish that I were younger...and not afraid of monkey bars...

    You go, Dad! I'm proud of you for getting on that ride! BRAVERY! It's good to see everyone and everyone looks so good! Nice facial hair, Erik! Kenny and Coppelia, you look like a couple of kids at Disneyland (belated). Mom looks good even upside down!

    My heartfelt love to you all,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it so much that we now have one in our home. Its a lot of fun and does seem to give you a good stretch. If you're adventurous you can even get a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adventurous? Count me in!

    Ruth Squidoo

    ReplyDelete