Tuesday, August 23, 2011

UPDATE ON DANIELLE

ZOWIE! This is one busy, busy lady.  Danielle applied for a position and got it.  Here is what's going on in her life right now in her own words in response to an email I sent.
I did get the job at Provo high school. I was hired Thursday and school starts tomorrow, quite a fast turn around. (that was the beginning of this week)

I just finished my first term in the graduate program. The next semester begins next week. I will be taking a special education law class and a thesis support class. I will be choosing my research question for my thesis and receiving authorization to continue with my research. I will also be choosing my chair and committee who will be guiding me through the whole thesis process.(WOW!)

I will also be starting a position at BYU as a research assistant to one of the professors in the special education department. Her area of expertise is using praise in the classroom and positive behavior support systems as well as teaching students social skills. This is one of my areas of interest for my thesis and I am very excited for the opportunity to work with her. (These are very coveted positions and look great on your resume. Way to go Danielle!)
 
This is probably where you will find Danielle if she has ANY free time.
I will be teaching a resource class at Provo high. My schedule includes teaching three math classes, co-teaching a biology class and American literature class. My other class is a literacy support class, where students can come if they need help with writing papers or other English assignments.
 (All I can say is whew!)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment