Monday, April 25, 2016

UPDATES FROM THE "COUSINS" - DAVIS

Recently I sent out an email to several of the "cousins" asking for an update on the happenings in their lives (Dennis jr.'s suggestion and a great one it is!) From time to time, I'll post those and here is the first to arrive from  - - - -DAVIS!

According to my parents, I might not be up to very much at this point in my life. I'm not dating. But I guess that means that I have more time to do things like hang out with my friends and work my two jobs.

He also chills with his Mom and Copper, the dog.

My first job I was offered after a BYU Book of Mormon Class, by my professor, to be his Research Assistant. This was because he needed help compiling data on the Book of Mormon. So far we've designed a map, created an interactive (still heavily in creation) cave where Mormon abridged the records. It's been pretty good though most of my work is background items (population stats, bios on people, bios on places, bios on things and such). It's really a fun activity because I just get to do all sorts of research and learning.

 Davis on his first day at BYU. He has now completed this year! Those really nice dorms in the background was his home away from home.


The other job I've picked up is a temporary one where I'm helping out with Dad. So far it's a bit similar to my other job, in that I'm mostly dealing with data and information. I started only last Thursday, so I'm not terribly far into it. Or used to it. But it's good work, good pay and nice to be with the family. Besides, I always liked that area of Provo. Except for when I'm driving around it in my car. Not that I have a car anymore.
The Fort




Anyway, I moved back home yesterday. And in a strange turn of events I'm loaning my room out for the night and sleeping out in the fort. It's a rather fun experience out there.

Aside from that it's actually nice to move home. I'm taking Aria's room for now, though once I'm gone the room will become Dad's beloved Studio. I've set up the place for myself and I have so much more room than I have had in years. Plus this is the first time in nearly three years that I've had a bedroom to myself.



Overall, with school being over, I'm ready for the Summer and what it will bring.

Davis spending time with his family as they attended the
Provo City Center Temple open house.




1 comment: