Monday, May 25, 2015

MEMORIAL DAY 2015

Memorial Day, especially in Utah is a big thing. Years ago I remember my Mother calling it Decoration Day because that is the day you would decorate the graves of your deceased relatives.

Today I went to my sister Ann's gravesite and placed a few flowers. She is buried in Payson, Utah, a town about 10 miles south of Springville. The whole cemetery was awash with flowers. Beautiful.

An Eagle Scout for his "project" has put all the information in protected notebook sleeves. The first column is for the day she was born (26th) (Chai, Mary Ann Price), the second for the month (March), the 3rd column is for the year (1933), the 4th is for the day she died (13), the 5th is for the month (Nov) and the 6th is for the year she died (1984). The 7th is where you can find the grave site. I had a hard time getting all the info in and it was so bright and sunny, I couldn't tell if I was successful. Well, I got most of it! 


Then you look on the map above and it guides you to the site.

 I placed my little bouquet on the headstone, next to another. I spent some time there reminiscing and then as I was driving away, I saw Beki and Tom placing some flowers. We had a lovely visit.


*******
Many streets in Utah towns are adorned with flags in the front yard. It is usually done by a contribution to the Boy Scouts and they place the flags there on every major holiday. It's a beautiful site.

 You can see 3 flags, but check out those gorgeous mountains!

 Here's a house with a flag in the front yard.

Can you find 6 flags?????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment