Tuesday, May 27, 2014

THE TIN SCARECROWOMAN

When you live in Iowa, you have corn (and pumpkins). Where you have corn you have crows. Where you have crows you need a Scarecrow, or Scarecrowess (that's a lady scarecrow!). Here's what the Lancaster's did. Julie writes:


I wanted a scarecrow for our pumpkin patch and after searching I found a tin woman.  I really liked the idea so off to the recycling Scott and I went to find cans. 

The base is metal sheeting off of our shed in the back, the garbage can has been in our garage and then her face, Jell-O tins, and other items were either in the attic or the garage.
  

In just a couple of hours we put this girl together and now she has a prime spot in the back garden.  Now all she needs is a name and a little weathering! (send your suggestions to Julie)
 One good looking tin lady!

 Ready for her closeup!


 She's ready to scare off the birds.

Love the curls.

2 comments:

  1. Tin Lizzie is my vote! So cute I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tin Lizzie it is! Love it and your blog - Julie

    ReplyDelete