Friday, June 3, 2011

AN UPDATE ON DANIELLE


Have you been wondering what Danielle is up to these days? 

Danielle teaches at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) with senior missionaries, as they spend a couple of weeks there preparing for their mission experience.  There are several types of missions that seniors can be called on to serve.

There is a lady in our ward who is going on a service mission in Dallas, Texas.  She will be gone for 18 months (at her own expense) to work in an office which helps unempoloyeed people learn how to write resumes, interview for jobs, and then help them match up with availiable positions.

We received an e-mail from Danielle, telling us she met Sister Sedgewick (the lady from our ward) and that she was in the group that Danielle would be working with.  Small world, isn't it?

Then I asked Danielle what is going on in her life right now and this is what she wrote.   

My life is a little bit in limbo right now, but I'm loving it! Right now I'm working at the Missionary Training Center with the senior couples going on missions. I was also substitute teaching in the school district before school finished. About a month ago, I took the GRE, the test required to get into grad school and applied for grad school at BYU. If they accept me I'll be studying special education. I should hopefully hear in the next week or two whether I've been accepted. If I've been accepted I'll start later this summer. Other than that, I've just been spending as much time as I can with the family!
Thanks for the update, Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment