Thursday, March 17, 2011

UPDATE ON OUR KIWI, ASHLEE


I asked Rhiannon to give me an update on Ashlee and send a picture.
The picture is taken from Facebook, hence the small size. I think Ashlee is on the right.

Here's what Rhiannon wrote:
She finally purchased a bed. She had a mattress but not a headboard frame. I guess over there they pay rent by the week and also get the apartment regularly inspected and her lack of a bed frame bothered the owner. She enjoys running outdoors and tries to go every day. In New Zealand they are not as friendly, one runner to another, and don't acknowledge fellow runners with a wave etc. New Zealand is very into dressing up year round for a variety of events and they have costume shops everywhere. Ashlee went to a rugby match dressed up as an Indian which I believe she wore a very similar costume when she was four.

The office places she has worked are much more laid back than in America. She likes her current job and has a contract to work until July, after which she plans on traveling and visiting many Lord of the Ring sites and also hiking a lot and enjoying nature.

Her most recent post on facebook.
"I am going to stalk Russel Crowe this Sunday. Even though I will have to watch a cricket game (nothing like baseball) I am not going to miss this chance to tell him how far off his movie "A Good Year" was to my vineyard experience, and that he should make more movies with gladiators in them."

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment